Our last interview for 2014 was published right before the end of year. Marked as the perfect closure to a roller-coaster year, it was an honor to be featured in the Jakarta Globe. The article was warm, positive and inspiring. Thank you Marcell Thee for this lovely lovely article.
Monday, January 19, 2015
Sunday, December 28, 2014
Maybe some of you still remember that a while ago (this year) we launched the lemon tea towel and flamingo pillow as a special collaboration program with our dear friend Kelly's The Wrapping Paper Company. The first launch was such a hit that everything completely sold out in just 2 days in the Market and Museum Summer pop festival in June 2014. To make it exclusive, we only produce 50 pieces each for the lemon tea towel and flamingo pillow and it took us by surprise the response was truly overwhelming. What was even more overwhelming was, the reason behind this collaboration was to help out children in Jakarta that was diagnosed with HIV-AIDS. Sometimes mid-year this year, we had the opportunity to meet the lovely people from The Humanity Forum thehumanityforum.org and Lentera Anak Pelangi (read http://kesehatan.kompasiana.com/medis/2011/02/23/kami-memperkenalkan-lentera-anak-pelangi-pelayanan-untuk-anak-anak-hiv-342202.html). To cut the story short, we had the urge to contribute in anyways possible, in that case, our way.
After the flamingo pillow and lemon tea towel, we decided to extend this program and make more inspiring products that are still usable for family life. Here comes the zebra and two other new tea towels, cherry and banana! The second launch took place in another Market & Museum event Flash back arcade, this time, is our last event of the year. The response was again, overwhelming. We could not be happier for being able to help these kids in our own special way. We created products that were highly inspired by hope, happiness and by all means these children.
These products are still available in the webstore.
You are welcome to take them home and be part of a good cause!
Wednesday, November 12, 2014
You must know by now we just hit 20 K followers this week! And that's like WHOA! Sometimes it still feels surreal that our little business (although we'd like to think big) has been growing for almost 2 years now since we started from our little dining room. Because of you! you have taken us THIS FAR. For that, we would like to thank you! So since it's a very very special month and that we also reached 20 K, now everyone deserves a little celebration!
Please welcome our BIG SWEET NOVEMBER SALE starting from 15 - 30 Nov 2014, which also means we are spring cleaning aka clearance! Everything in our old stock must go. So if you have been eye-ing on something particular this should be your last chance!
Please kindly read our sale purchasing instruction below:
- 1. ALL ready stocks sale items will be posted in instagram (incase you wonder you might get confused on which is which)
- 2. Some sale items can be purchased directly from the webstore: chicanddarling.com
- 3. Other sale items (FLOOR PILLOWS & ONE OF A KINDS) can only be purchased through our email orders (send us an email for pricelist!)
- 4. Our sweet november sale is our spring cleaning this year, that means we are cleaning out completely so if you have been eye-ing on something particular this is your last chance! (Some old collection will be out again in very small numbers)
- 5. Our fair policy is for those who have received invoice should complete payment within less than 72 hours or your order is automatically cancelled and we will move on to the next person who wants what you want.
- 7. PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO CONFIRM YOUR PAYMENT (via webstore/email).
- 6. Our SALE might last from 15 - 30th NOV 2014, but doesn't mean the stock will last that long (and we all know it won't). This is a first come first serve. If you like something then be quick! You won't want to miss out on our best deal of the year!
- 7. Now what are you waiting for? get set, go shop and have fun everyone!
email@example.com (only for floor pillows & 'one a of a kind' inquiry)
Tuesday, November 4, 2014
We present to you *drum roll please*
A collaboration of CHIC & DARLING x LOVELYJARS (@lovelyjars) x CUPCAKES COMPANY (@cupcakes_co), our very first HOME HAMPER.
This is not just a hamper or any hamper. We must say, this one is preeeettty special. Every single piece that goes into this combo is well thought and a product that best describes each of our brand characteristics. Not only that, we made a selection of our finest that any homes would want and need during holiday seasons. But the best part of this hamper is, each one of them is handcrafted by the best ingredient, which is, LOVE.
With this home hamper at heart, christmas comes early for us and hopefully for you too! You can either keep it for yourself or send it as the perfect christmas gift for whoever you have in mind. Having Cupcakes Company's mouth watering desserts while adding a little thoughtful home-living goods will surely warm any hearts!
So what is in the HOME HAMPER?
1. Double triangle throw pillow in teal appeal, dimension 30 x 50 cm with silicon cotton insert
2. Multi-use holiday quilt in jolly red, dimension 100 x 150 cm
3. Watermelon tea towel, screen printed in linen by hand using water based ink
4. Cupcakes Company best-selling red velvet cake in a jar
5. Cupcakes Company special edition scrumptious macaroons in a jar
6. Lovely Jars Home re-usable jar
7. Lovely Jars Raindeer re-usable jar
8. Lovely Jars Watermelon re-usable jar
Retail at IDR 840.000
flat rate - IDR 35.000 (same day delivery)
You can make orders directly through our websites:
Or simply make a call/SMS:
Chic & Darling 0812 8124 3816
Stock is limited, order now!
We are in love with this home hamper and you will too!
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
30% off for 10 first callers
Happy news for everyone, enjoy our 1 day Sale by only staying tune at 29th October 2014 (this wednesday) 20:00 - 21:00 pm on @101jakfm Radio!
So here's the deal:
1. Stay tune at 29th October starting at 20:00 at 101 Jak FM
2. Make a quick call to 101 Jak FM (the radio announcer will give which number to call)
3. You will be given a password by the radio announcer
4. ONLY 10 FIRST CALLERS are eligible for 30% discount
4. ONLY 10 FIRST CALLERS are eligible for 30% discount
5. You will use that password to make an order to us
6. All products that are on sale are the ones listed on the pictures above!
7. Enjoy that 30% !
8. Remember, Stay tune at 101 Jak FM.
Good luck and happy shopping!
Chic & Darling
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Our last big event at the Market & Museum Summer Pop Festival in June was a huge success, and this time we are coming back with more energy, more amazing new products and more happiness to greet everyone in person! We are oh so happy and jumping with joy that we will be participating at the next event of I LOVE BAZAAR JAKARTA, EAT ART LOUD.
This time, we will officially launched our "Kitchen wares". Our new series of tea towels called "The Dancing Trees" and our Limited Edition "Eye Candy" collection will be released at the event. Get the chance to be the first to grab our new stuff freshly from our workshop! Come down, say hi to us, have a chat or two and have fun! See you all at out booth A1, YAY!
EAT ART LOUD
Thursday to Sunday
10:00 am - 10:00 pm
02 - 05 October 2014
As an extension of our annual CSR commitment program, around mid-march we had an epiphany to collaborate with a special talent for a special project that was very dear to us. We had the pleasure to work with The Humanity Forum and Lentera Anak Pelangi to help contribute to the caring for children that was diagnosed with HIV in Jakarta. We were lucky enough that we got to also collaborate with a very dear friend and also one of the most rising talent in Indonesia, Kelly's The Wrapping Paper Company.
We decided to make two different products for two different use. As (at that time) we were about to launch a tea towel series as part of our "New Kitchen section", so we thought this could also be a fantastic teaser! Greatly inspired by children, yet we wanted to make something that everyone - at all age- can enjoy. We wanted to make something that everyone can relate to, which is dreams and happiness. Despite what these kids are going through, we are motivated and inspired by their strength and fighting spirit. The thought of Lemon and Flamingo just popped out in our mind, but the execution was a little tricky. We are proud that all materials used was safe for all homes and families, screen printed manually into a soft durable absorbent linen using water-based ink.
We purposely produced the lemon tea towel and flamingo pillow in limited quantity. We launched these products at Market & Museum, June 2014 and it was sold out before we know it. It was truly overwhelming. Now, 40% of the profit has been contributed to these children currently undergoing medication. We would like to thank you to everyone who participated, who shopped, had fun and made use of these wonderful products. Not only you deserved that treat, you have also taken part in a good change.
Chic & Darling